Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013 Goals

2012 went out with a bang 1/8th of all my weddings for the year happened in the last 10 days December. Sayyyy whaa? 2013 started with a bing bang bong with back to back New Year's Eve (One of my fave holidays of the year), my birthday, and then a killer flu bug that may have been a forgotten strain of the Bubonic plague. I'm finally coming out of my delirium, and with 10 day of the new year already under our belts, I need to get crackin'. Upon serious reflection of the past year, a few of my professional goals for 2013 are:

Be realistic in deadlines for myself. In my mind, a three day editing binger is totally doable, because do I really need sleep? Welp, these newly formed bags under my eyes say yes. And because $65 eye cream just seems like such a far second to something like a good 8 hours of sleep a night, I'm going to have to learn to practice time mangagement and self control. I need to learn to be more effective in a smaller amount of time...which brings me to my next goal.

Time management. This year, I am going to set clearly defined schedules for myself in the different areas of my business and different tasks that I set forth to be successful in. For example, when I shoot a wedding, I charge for my time because it's valuable. I go in with a plan, I know the shots I need to get. I know how much time I have, 8 hours for example, and I get the job done. But tell me why I cannot stay focused in my own office to save my life. When I'm at a wedding, I'm  focused, I feel like a wedding lover-pretty picture taker-keeping an eye on golden hour- mingling with the grandparents- get my shot on the spot- machine. When I'm home I feel like a 'I need to sweep..-Millie, you're such a stimking cutie...-I'm starving..-what's on HGTV..-I need to go to the gym-let me edit this wedding-what's my next shoot going to be-hot mess. Somethings got to give.

Blogging. I want to blog more. I really do. I've been awful about checking in regularly and keeping readers abreast of all the rad things happening with IYQ. I'd like to be blogging at least 4 times a week. At least.

Shoot More. This year, I want to do at least one shoot a month for myself. Not necessarily work related but something that feeds my soul and mostly, that I think is pretty. I didn't do that this year more and more photography felt like a job.

Stay tuned for some Winter Wedding Prettiness on the blog next Wednesday. I always love shooting with Abbie of Abbie Rufener Photography. Happy Thursday :)



No comments:

Post a Comment