Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hostess with the Mostess ::BTS Engagement Party::

I was recently asked to be in the wedding of my dear friends, Monica and Jamie! Me!? In a wedding! YESSS! I was so beyond flattered! After shooting so many weddings and witnessing the bond between bride and bridesmaid, I absolutely jumped at the opportunity to be apart of such a crucial support system for the bride. 

I enlisted the help of a Mr. Brandon Stoy, creative whiz kid and together we threw a fun, whimsical backyard cocktail soiree for the happy couple. I consciously put my camera down for this party and trusted the professional picture taking to Ashley Glasco, the very talented photographer who will be photographing the actual wedding in April. I  have an entire new appreciation for event planning. It so fun drooling at and dreaming up pretty ideas to implement the day but the actual execution is S.T.R.E.S.S.F.U.L. This was a whole new experience on so many levels. And speaking of stress, even tho the entire morning was crystal clear blue skies, the forecast crept up from 5% chance of rain the entire week to a 20%, 50%, 70% all to way up to a 100% chance of rain at 7:00 p.m. (party start time). And like a gift wrapped package from the heavens, we were serenaded by some rumbling thunder, I'd like to think- ambiance, while the showers miraculously stayed away well past midnight.


Even tho I have no public boards on Pintrest, I am an admitted addict; I'd like for my life to be one giant pintrest board. Below is a collection of inspirtation that was used for the actual soiree.
The pics below were taken of the actual party (taken place in my Moo's backyard)

 by Ashley of Ashley Duke Glasco Photography.
 Handmade banner made by Chris; very mathematical with all of the angles. A perfect project to give to a math oriented man when delegating different party decor detail.

 
 A clever welcome sign and some kitschy frames above the hot food.

 
 Snazzy cocktail sign and custom wine labels chronicling Jamie and Monica's relationship milestones.

 White paper lanters are totally dreamy and a MUST for any sweet and charming outdoor soiree.

Of course, we picked the hottest September evening for a party, the s'more bar was cool in theory but it was easily 80 degrees out. Since when it is 80 degrees at the end of September. Whatev.
 The Beautiful Couple. 


No comments:

Post a Comment